In this article, we’ll talk about how and when Google to deploy generative AI to create sophisticated ad campaigns. You’ll also learn about its impact on digital advertising.
On Thursday, Google held an internal presentation and as per the reports, Google plans to incorporate Artificial Intelligence into the advertising and marketing campaigns. Specifically, Google is likely to use Generative Artificial Intelligence in order to achieve novel advertising.
For those who don’t know, generative AI is a type of AI technology that uses existing media like videos, photos, music, etc to generate creative content.
As per reports, advertisers on Google Ads can provide images, videos, text, etc and the generative AI will create ad content based on the target audience and sales target.
Although this initiative of Google to deploy generative AI to create sophisticated ad campaigns has also raised significant cybersecurity concerns. For example, misinformation, phishing, etc.
In addition to this, Google plans to integrate generative AI with Performance Max – this is an algorithm that decides where ads campaigns should run, and much more.
Google’s purpose is to leverage generative AI in the advertising space. Last year the ad revenue of Google decreased by 4% and generative AI could be one of many steps towards resurrecting it.
Dark Side of AI in Advertising and Marketing Campaigns
Machine learning and big data analytics, which are two subsets of artificial intelligence, are already being used in advertising campaigns. Allegedly speaking, AI was used in Donald Trump’s 2016 election campaign to influence voters’ psychology with the help of highly sophisticated micro-targeting campaigns.
Persuadable voters received different ads based on their political perspectives, inclination, vulnerabilities, predisposition, etc. For example, people who were paranoid about some matter then they received ads that triggered fear.
This became possible because of the real-time data of these voters like what they are interacting with across social media platforms. Programmers used machine learning to establish a behavioral pattern and spread propaganda campaigns.
How Google Using AI to Create Ads is Beneficial?
- Improved click-through rates (CTRs): AI-generated ad copy can be more likely to be clicked on than ad copy that is created manually. This is because AI can take into account a wider range of factors, such as the user’s search query, browsing history, and the context of the ad.
- Increased conversion rates: AI can also help to increase conversion rates by targeting ads to the right people and optimizing ad campaigns for maximum results.
- Reduced costs: AI can help to reduce the cost of ad campaigns by optimizing bidding strategies and ad placements. This can free up the budget to be used for other marketing activities.
Overall, using AI to create ads can be a very beneficial way to improve the performance of your ad campaigns. If you are not already using AI, I encourage you to consider doing so.
Here are some specific examples of how Google is using AI to create ads:
- Performance Max: Performance Max is a new campaign type that uses AI to automatically optimize your ads across all of Google’s channels. This includes Search, Display, YouTube, Gmail, and other platforms.
- Generative AI: Google is also using generative AI to create ad copy. This technology can generate text, images, and videos that are tailored to specific audiences.
- Smart Bidding: Smart Bidding is an AI-powered bidding strategy that helps you get the most out of your ad budget. Smart Bidding can automatically adjust your bids based on a variety of factors, such as the likelihood of a conversion and the competition for clicks.
These are just a few examples of how Google is using AI to create ads. As AI technology continues to develop, we can expect to see even more innovative and effective ways to use AI to improve the performance of our ad campaigns.